Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies
This recipe is one of my favorites! It is easy to make, and the cookies always end up delicious.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons loose Earl Grey tea leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- In a food processor, pulse together the flour, tea, and salt, until the tea is just spotted throughout the flour. Add the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and butter. Pulse together just until a dough is formed. Place dough on a sheet of plastic wrap, and roll into a log, about 2 1/2-inches in diameter. Tightly twist each end of wrap, and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the log into 1/3-inch thick disks. Place on parchment or silpat lined baking sheets, 2 inches apart (2 probably needed depending on size of sheets). Bake until the edges are just brown, about 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks and cool to room temperature.
I used this recipe: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/claire-robinson/earl-grey-shortbread-cookies-recipe-1917526